Friday, May 1, 2009

Everything is Blurry

Hello Buddies,

You may have noticed I've had a serious lapse in my commitment to daily blogging. It seems like once you let yourself go to bed without blogging, it becomes easier and easier. Just like cheating on your diet, or anything else, for that matter.

I've been unfocused the last few weeks. I've not been too bad with eating and have been keeping up the exercising. I've had a few lapses on the eating end, but it hasn't had too negative of a result, other than not losing any more weight.

I just haven't felt myself lately, and I've felt overwhelmed. It seems I still have one more mouse that likes to eat my cereal, unless it is bait in the live trap I put in my pantry last week. This mouse must have a bigger head than normal, since he (she, more likely LOL) is smart enough to not take the bait. I've just felt like there are too many things to do and not nearly enough time to do them. When I feel like that, I have to set a timer for 15 minutes several times a day, to prod me into doing things, or I will just do nothing but feel overwhelmed. Procrastination is an art and I am a procrastination artiste! Just give me a chance and nothing will get done!

I went to my Zen meditation group in Carson City this evening. It was great. The dharma talk is always good, but tonight Roshi's talk was really funny, in addition to being informative. I went right into a good meditative state and didn't want to come out of it at the end of the 30 minutes. It was fantastic!

I took Roscoe to the vet Saturday. It was time for his regular 6-month checkup, and he has a "thing" in his eye. The vet numbed his eye and took a sample. Turns out it is a fat deposit, probably because he is too fat. He's been on a diet this week and is really, really unhappy about it. I completely understand his feelings, but his whining would be really annoying if it wasn't so funny. I am soooo not starving him. He has plenty of hay and pellets in his cage. But he doesn't have extra dandelion greens, Italian parsley, carrots, strawberries, cherry tomatoes, or tangerine slices, which is what he REALLY wants. He woke me up at 7:00 this morning. THAT was not funny. LOL Squeak Squeak Squeak!!! LOUD. Did he run out of food? No. He had plenty of food.

Considering it is midnight, I am going to go to bed. But...I blogged before going to bed. So... I fulfilled today's commitment!

Cheers,
Jun-ri

Donate to the ASPCA Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment