Sunday, April 12, 2009

'Tis the Season


Hello Loved Ones,

First of all, I want to say "Happy Easter" to all of you who have sent me Easter wishes. My best wishes of the season to all of you!

The Easter/Spring season is one of new life and renewal of life and new energy all around! I love Spring! Here in Tahoe, the snow melts leaving damp ground that smells so fertile, giving way to a verdant smell when the plants peek through the top of the soil. Thus, today's haiku.

Stalks break through the soil
Shell cracks open chick peeks out
New life new season

The seed is to the flower as the heart/mind is to the human being. The seed, like the heart/mind, has such great potential. While I am a Buddhist, I grew up in a Christian environment. I remember a quote, that I think is from the Bible, that reminds me of the Spring season and "Spring fever." "Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind." We have that opportunity every day of our lives, but we seldom take it until something happens in nature or in our life and we take to "Spring cleaning." At those times we want everything to be clean and fresh and new. We need to remember that our mind is ready for renewing at any time, and to remember what Buddha said, "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. "

So, take every opportunity to keep your mind as pure, fresh and new as a Spring breeze, and reap the joy of renewal!

With love and hugs,
Jun-ri


Donate to the ASPCA Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment