Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dazed and Confused

Yeah, well, I'm dazed and confused. Yesterday, I was more dazed. Today, I'm more confused.

Yesterday, my lovelife went to hell in a handbasket, politely, respectfully and gently, but still to hell in a handbasket. Thus, I'm dazed and confused. Then there is the sad and disappointed aspect... It is natural that I am feeling a sense of loss. We'll still be friends. He's a very good man and we have a nice friendship. Luckily, I've done a great deal of learning about how to take care of myself. I'll be going away for a few days. I'll take my laptop with me and probably do a bunch of writing. That seems to help me deal with life when life isn't doing what I want it to do. I will bury myself into writing work until I can't write any more and then I'll know I have a better perspective. I will probably go to a meditation retreat center that is nearby. Tomorrow I can set up the petsitter to take care of Roscoe.

I am concentrating on remembering how much love I have in my life. When I think of this, I think of the following quote by John Bulwer: "It is astonishing how little one feels alone when one loves." Soon, the lonely feelings will fade.

For now, I feel an empty hole where my solar plexus is supposed to be. Naturally, today's haiku is going to reflect that. But also, it is about spring and new beginnings. In loneliness there is hope. In hope, there is faith that things can be okay and that everything renews itself. Sunflowers are my favorite flower.

Golden sunflower
Growing tall face toward sun
Bold, bright, strong and free

I will continue to meditate daily and take great comfort in Bhante Henepola Gunaratana's words in Mindfulness in Plain English. "The you that goes in one side of the meditation experience is not the same you that comes out the other side." That observation has been a staple of my life for 32 years, now. No matter what I feel in my mind, body or spirit when I sit on the cushion, I am different when I get off the cushion. Today I am taking great comfort in that fact.

Blessings on your journey,
Jun-ri

Donate to the ASPCA Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment