Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hello World...Come on Get Happy!!!

Are you old enough to remember the Partridge Family? Well, if you tuned in to the show, do you remember the theme song, Come on Get Happy? It's a short, little ditty, that makes me smile every time I hear it. I can't help but feel happy! It's kind of like that song "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. Just makes me feel all bubbly and giddy inside. Weeeeellllll...I am here to tell you that it can be purchased from iTunes. It is on my iPod and I listened to it while walking 7 miles today. It was a great, and happy, walk!

One day a couple months ago I purchased all my favorite songs from the 60s, 70s and some from the 80s. It was a fun, albeit expensive, indoor adventure.

Speaking of adventures, here are some photos from yesterday's adventure with George and Sarge. What a beautiful land I live in! It's no wonder I love living here as much as I do.


So here is a haiku about the beauty we saw yesterday:

Blue sky clouds float by
Flowers colored by nature
Many hues so bright

I must have been tired after the long day and walking all over creation; I slept 'til after 11:00 this morning! Luckily, I had the good sense to get the sleep I needed (if you have Fibromyalgia you really need to listen to your body) and to get up and walk today. I am walking, with my cousin Nancy, the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer in November. We walk 3 days in a row, 20 miles each day! (Yes, that is 60 miles total.) I am raising at least the minimum of $2,300 for the walk. If you'd like to donate in my name, please go to my fundraising site: http://www.the3day.org/goto/JulieHodges

I will be back on the walking trail tomorrow, and will share with you what I find.

"Hello world it's a song that we're singin', come on get happy, a whole lot of lovin' is what we'll be bringin', we'll make you happy...."

So Get Happy Already!

Jun-ri



Donate to the ASPCA Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment