Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wang Dang Sweet Poontang???

Well hello there.  It is a lovely Wednesday night and I'm sitting here in my office replaying my day in my head.


It started with a 4 mile run on Lakeshore, a beautiful place to be on a nice day.  I am a girl who like to listen to good ol' rock n' roll when I run.  As I was running along, my playlist popped up with "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang" by Ted Nugent.  I couldn't help but laugh at this for two reasons.  The first is that the song, from the Double Live Gonzo CD, starts with Ted say something like "anyone who wants to get mellow can just turn around and get the f&*% out of here."  I am about the mellowest person you could ever meet!  Secondly, I laughed at the idea that a song sung by someone whose beliefs and political ideas are so far from mine they make me want to toss my cookies can actually make me want to run like a fiend!


After my run, I went home and took a hot bath while doing some mental homework.  Then...I got a call from a friend who was going to be moving away and leaving the state very soon, and is now going to stay for a while longer.  That made me very happy.  He also said some really nice things to me, about me and some choices I've recently made.  That made me smile, as well.


Before I left for my yoga studio to teach some classes, I took some pictures of the lovely flowers that George planted for me.  Here they are:
                                                                                                                                                                           







You might notice the flags.  George was pre-decorating for July 4, and they had some flags at the store.  Works for me!


I am redecorating the studio and have been trying to figure out what color to paint.  I painted some samples on the wall and have made a decision.  It is a light beige color that will go with anything and is a very serene color.  I think it will look very nice.  (There are two other possibilities...AAAHH!!!  This should be fun but there are so many choices and so many things to consider!)


After all my classes were finished, I did my own yoga practice in the studio before coming home.  Then I got a little sidetracked doing some research on the internet, and here I am at 10:28 with a plan to get into bed by 10:30.  I had better say goodnight and get myself upstairs!


Thanks for reading my thoughts. :)


Jun-ri


Donate to the ASPCA Today!

1 comment:

  1. Jewel,

    That is a nice song! I like A LOTTT! I really enjoy reading about your going on's. Deck looks Awesome! So glad your friend is going to be around a little longer....Love ya!

    Keep on Blogging
    Sweetman

    ReplyDelete