Saturday, June 26, 2010

Prenatal Yoga Anyone?

Well, if you want to take a prenatal yoga class, I can comfortably teach one after tomorrow.  I had some basic knowledge of doing yoga during pregnancy, and was comfortable if a pregnant woman came to my class, but after I take the class I am taking this weekend I will feel ready to teach a prenatal-specific yoga class.  I think my biggest challenge was getting over the hump of not having a child myself, so I didn't feel I really knew enough about being pregnant, other than what to NOT do.  I'm feeling much more confident about that, after being in class all day today.  I will be taking another day of class tomorrow, which I am looking forward to.  I've always wanted to know about every topic imaginable, so this fits right in!


It always amazes me, though I can't figure out why, that  yoga can help so many ills of the body and mind.  It has always helped anything I've asked it to help, so I don't know why I still get amazed.  But maybe that's one reason why I've always loved it so much, since I was 13, for crying out loud.  B.K.S. Iyengar said, "Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured."  That's definitely what it has done for me my entire life.  If I was angry, I could take it to my yoga mat.  If I was in pain, physical or emotional, to my mat I'd go.  Yoga has been my savior on many, many occasions.  I cannot imagine life without it.  I'm sure that's one reason I am so passionate about teaching yoga and meditation to others.  I am passing on tools others can use to save their own lives.  What better gift could I possibly give?


So my brain is a little fried tonight, having been in class all day.  I've not much to say!  I wish you a wonderful evening and a wonderful rest of the weekend.  I'll be blogging again very soon...


Namaste,
Jun-ri


Donate to the ASPCA Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment