Sunday, March 15, 2009

Getting Ready for a New Week

Hello Friends,

The last couple of days you haven’t seen any blogs by me. Sorry if you’ve missed me. I’ve had a few really weird days and today I’m feeling a little exhausted. Friday the 13th was one of the few true Friday the 13th’s I’ve ever had, except for my friend’s surprise 60th birthday party. I won’t get superstitious about future days, though. So, I’m proceeding like they didn’t exist and just going on from today.

I was thinking about walking through the forest on a cold and misty day. It was really windy on Friday night, which normally heralds a storm, but there was no storm. It was supposed to start snowing last night and continue through Monday, but it is 9:00 on Sunday night and it still hasn’t started snowing yet, it rained a little bit today. The forecast still says snow for tonight and snow and rain through Tuesday. I hope it snows a whole bunch! We haven’t had enough of a winter. Anyway, here is today’s haiku.

A chill in the air
Cold morning mists through the trees
Brisk walk brushes skin

I got pretty upset Friday morning. The company I hired to get rid of the mice put down glue traps after I told them glue traps were not acceptable because I didn’t want any of the mice to die. I thought I had thrown them all away and I missed one behind the TV. A baby mouse got stuck on it and I tried so hard to save it, but I couldn’t. I found that cooking oil would get the glue off and I freed one back leg and got the toes all cleaned off, but I guess the stress was too much for the little one and it passed away. I was very upset. I did everything I could, and it was never my intention for any to die, just leave, and they do all have to leave! I got some live traps at the hardware store. None have been caught, yet, but I am confident I will catch the rest of the mice.

I’d best get the end of my tasks for the day completed or it will be too late to do them. I'm getting ready for next week! See below for a special message that I will put on my blogs until the end of April, maybe longer. We'll see how it goes.

Many Blessings,
Jun-ri

The entire month of April is Animal Cruelty Prevention Month. I'd like to help the ASPCA prevent animal cruelty and make sure animal abusers are tried, convicted and punished for their crimes. Don't you? I've pledged to help raise awareness and $1,000 for the cause. (Even $10 would help meet the goal!) If you would like to help, please click the banner below. If you can't help with cash, go to http://www.aspca.org and see all the educational materials on their site. (Scroll down to the resources links on the right side of the home page.) In the section for teachers, there is loads of information, even lesson plans. You don't have to be a teacher, you can use these ideas to teach your own children about how to treat animals. The kids website is great (kids can send in their pet photos for the "Pet of the Week" contest) at http://www.animaland.org.
Donate to the ASPCA Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment