Friday, March 6, 2009

Here Comes the Sun and the Snowflakes

Hello dear ones,

Today a pest company came to smoke mice out of my house. (They trap and release them elsewhere.) Apparently it was quite a day for them and there were too many mice for them to get them all at once. Yep, an infestation. I have traps in my house and they will be checked for the next two days. Yuck. You don't want the details! They will be back for six hours on Monday doing a deep clean to get all the potentially virus infected droppings, etc., taken care of. Roscoe (my guinea pig and baby) rode around with me today while the pest company was at my house. Spending the day away from home is not his favorite activity. His eyes get really wide open while the car is moving. He's a little bit happier when the car isn't moving.

We went to my Friday meditation group at a chiropractor's office today. Roscoe seemed to enjoy the energy. He was looking around and smelling the air when we first got there, but went to sleep once we started meditating. We will be out and about all day Monday when the cleaning crew is at my house. I'm not sure what all we'll do that day, but we'll figure it out. We'll probably go to the yoga studio and do some work.

I wrote a haiku today, as promised. The sun was shining and it was snowing large flakes off and on all day. It is so weird to see the sun and snow at the same time. It is pretty common here, but is still a strange site to see. It will be snowing again soon, and heavier. That is what the haiku is about. Here it is:

Trees are tipped with white
Snowflakes coming through the sun
Heralds more to come

Okay, I'm going to bed now. Thanks for reading my blog! I've received some nice comments from some of you and I really appreciate it.

Cheers and lots of sunshine,
Jun-ri

No comments:

Post a Comment