Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Trendy Tuesday

I've had a very, very good day. It started out in Reno this morning with a trip to Walmart and Lane Bryant for some tops. I've lost so much weight I needed to go shopping. I found some good sale prices, which was great! I get to be trendy in tops that fit! YAY!

I've been very busy since I got home this afternoon. I had a nice lunch and client call, then some work. I'm pretty tired. I slept very well last night, and will sleep well again tonight.

I wasn't really inspired to write a haiku so looked at a picture of Buddha that makes me feel serene. I noticed that the breeze this afternoon was serene, so wrote the following haiku. I hope you like it.

So serene the breeze
Wafting through leafless gray limbs
Scent of the damp earth

Yesterday's quote in my Buddhist daily reader was, "Realize that the journey to the center takes place within your own mind," by Matthew Flickstein in his book "Journey to the Center." Great quote, very simple, to the point, and worthy of consideration. I think that introspection is the only way to find out who you are and make joyful and honest your journey of life itself.

Time for meditation and bed. I hope your evening is lovely and your tomorrow even lovelier.

In gassho,
Jun-ri

P.S. Yesterday was the first day of the Canadian seal hunt, a very ugly event. This year it is expected that 250,000+ baby seals will be killed in a most brutal, barbaric way. Sign the petition to help end this heinous practice by checking out www.protectseals.org. Remember that April is Animal Cruelty Prevention month. Learn more by going to the ASPCA's website, www.aspca.org, or click on the banner below.

Donate to the ASPCA Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment